E Grilled Tangerine Shrimp
WITH WHOLE WHEAT PASTA
- Samantha Telle, RD
2 medium tangerines
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1⁄ 2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
16 Extra Jumbo (16-20) count tail-on raw
peeled and deveined shrimp
4 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
4 (8-inch) wooden skewers
2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1⁄ 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
( 3. 5 ounces)
1⁄ 2 cup shredded carrots
1⁄ 4 cup sliced green onions
Shredded napa cabbage for garnish
• Grate 2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 1⁄ 3 cup juice from tangerines. In medium bowl, whisk
together tangerine zest and juice, 2 teaspoons cilantro, garlic, 1⁄ 2 teaspoon sesame oil and
ginger; reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Place shrimp in large zip-top plastic bag, pour
marinade over shrimp; seal bag, refrigerate 1 hour.
• Meanwhile, in large saucepot, cook pasta as label directs. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon cilantro and
1⁄ 2 teaspoon sesame oil. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over
medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrots and cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add soy sauce mixture, vegetable mixture and green
onions; toss to combine. Cover and keep warm.
• Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove shrimp from marinade;
discard marinade. Skewer shrimp, 4 shrimp per skewer. Grill shrimp skewers 4 to 5 minutes
per side or until opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°.
• Divide shrimp and noodle mixture over 4 serving plates; drizzle shrimp with reserved
marinade. Serve garnished with cabbage, if desired.